Everything You Need to Know!
Movember is a world-wide charity focused on prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide, with a goal of stopping men from dying too young. In addition to raising funds in support of Movember, MogathonYQR has a specific vision of motivating men to access yoga as a healthy outlet for mental health. This event will help introduce all humans to a variety of local yoga, health and wellness opportunities.
The day is yours, choose your own adventure!
- Grab your friends, buy a team mat, get creative with a theme and win some prizes!
- Get your yoga ON and earn bragging rights (and a prize) for the most sessions completed!
- Attend an early class to show your support before heading to the Rider game. #noexcuses!
- Pop in to check out mini-sessions and MO'vement demos, and snag some info on local yoga, health & wellness opportunities while you're at it!
- We'll have a men's grooming station on site!
- No problem! Come decorate the sugar cookie version with Go Big Treats. Mmmoustache cookies ;)
- The Wren will be hosting a mini-market that features quality, creative local makers!
- Delicious food and drink at The Owl
- Raffle prizes, 50/50
- Saturday November 2nd, 2019
- 8am - 5pm
- The Owl and Multipurpose Room (University of Regina, Riddell Centre)
- Free parking in Lot 2 next to the Riddell Centre
Main Event inside the Multipurpose Room:
- 8-hr ‘yogathon relay’: team members tag each other onto the mat between yoga sessions!
- 50 minute sessions to run every hour
- All-Day Team Mats: grab 1-7 friends, or
- Single Session mats available!
- Team Prizes: best team name & team theme/costume
- Individual Prizes: best costume & most individual yoga sessions completed
- Mats and mat cleaner provided
Side Events inside The Owl (open to the public):
- Mini-sessions by: Zenhouse Productions using Sound Off headphones (by donation)
- MO'vement demos by: various local fitness businesses
- Local Handmade Market by: The Wren
- Moustache Cookie Decorating by: Go Big Treats
- Men's Grooming Station by: The Style Academy
- Raffle, 50/50
- Other health, wellness, non-profit and sponsor booths